Sunday, December 09, 2007

STEVE BURGOON - '64, 12/4/2007









Steven Gilbert Burgoon went to be with the Lord December 4, 2007 at the age of 61 in San Antonio, Texas. Steven was born October 16, 1946 to Albert and Harriett Burgoon in Slayton, MN. Steven served his country during the Vietnam War and he received his degree from Texas A&M. Steven is survived by his father: Albert Burgoon of Schertz; Brothers: Collin and his wife Ylena Burgoon of Seguin, Texas and Kevin and his wife Darlene Burgoon of Missouri; sister: Stephany Parker and her husband Bill Raissle of Bulverde, Texas and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his mother Harriett Burgoon. A visitation will be held Tuesday, December 11, 2007 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Colonial Funeral Home Chapel. Funeral services will be held Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Universal City, Texas at 9:30 a.m. with Reverend Ralph Ritemeyer officiating burial to follow at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery. Arrangements under the direction of Colonial Funeral Home, 625 Kitty Hawk, Universal City, TX (210) 658-7037. You can leave comments at the bottom of this section and also go to MYSA.COM to the obit section and you can leave a comment in the Guest Book for Steve. Steve's dad, Jim is at P.O. Box 460, Schertz, TX 78154 (210) 658-4268. OR you can send him an email at Steve's old email burgoonj@aol.com ....

3 comments:

Ro-Hawk/Gloria said...

I just read your memorial blog. Thanks for putting this together. I am in my own little world in Oklahoma and I appreciate that I can be kept abreast of my old friends and classmates. On a lighter note, in September my wife and I flew to Seattle to surprise mom on her 90 th birthday. I got to catch up on family and friends some of whom I had not seen in more than a decade or two. Thanks again Glo. Love ya Bill Kem .. kemsgym@msn.com

Ro-Hawk/Gloria said...

Gloria,

As I reviewed your RHS Memorials site, I realized how precious old friends and loved ones are to us. It is a good thing, the site, and I thank you for you effort. Have a great holiday and enjoy your family, as will I.

Love, Mike Pitzer and family

Ron Bergquist said...

Reading Steve's obit reminded me of so many small things about this big man. One in particular that I have carried in my memory (and heart) for decades was the time Steve, Bill Fitzpatrick, and I were on our way back to SA from visiting Nuevo Laredo (we had tried to get into trouble, but we were such nerds we couldn't even do that). We were stopped at a police roadblock a few miles north of Laredo and a State Trooper (no doubt looking for illegal immigrants) asked us to state where we had been born. The answers came back rapid-fire:

"Slayton, Minnesota"
"Murfreesboro, Tennessee"
"Preston, Idaho"

I remember the look on the Trooper's face and just knew that he was thinking "I have never heard those three answers before and I doubt that any illegal would have been able to come up with them so fast."

It was a long way from Slayton, Minnesota to Laredo, Texas. But Steve was a fellow whose presence sticks with you, and still does.

Ron Bergquist